Catherine Zeta Jones and Renee Zellweger rehearse a dance sequence for Chicago.
Here are 20 of our favourite dance sequences from film, in no particular order.
Let's see who can be the first person to say "this list is rubbish, you missed Fame/Grease/Napoleon Dynamite".
1. Centre Stage has long been a guilty pleasure of mine. I know the storyline is terrible and the acting is questionable but the dancing. My god, the dancing. It's part ballet, part funk, 100% cheese.
2. West Side Story is a modern day retelling of Shakespeare's classic, Romeo and Juliet. One of the best scenes in the film is when everyone dances the mambo very aggressively.
3. Moulin Rouge! There a number of great dance scenes in this film, but the Tango to The Police classic 'Roxeanne' is one of the film's finest moments. Special mention goes to Australian theatre star Caroline O'Connor, who dances the lead in this clip.
4. Chicago. Hollywood's A-list prancing about in glittery jazz costumes. Bring it on.
5. Charlie's Angels wasn't a film that taught us much. But what we did learn from the Hollywood babe-fest was that Sam Rockwell can dance. And with that, a new celebrity crush was born.
6. 500 Days of Summer. If you're ever feeling bad, this clip of Joseph Gordon-Levitt dancing to the seminal Hall & Oats classic 'You Make My Dreams' should cheer you up. If not, seek medical assistance.
7. It's Always Fair Weather. This list could really feature 20 clips of Gene Kelly dancing. And while it would be easy to include Singing in the Rain, let's take a look at something even more impressive. Kelly tap dancing on rollerskates.
8. Swing Time. Ginger Rogers and Fred Astaire dance together so effortlessly. It's important to remember that back in the day, dance sequences like this were shot in one take. Which makes this scene even more impressive.
9. Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery. Now that's how you open a movie.
10. Sweet Charity. That Bob Fosse sure knew how to choreograph a scene, didn't he? Also, interesting fact: Beyonce names Fosse as one of the influences on her filmclip choreography. True story!
11. The Little Colonel. A man with spectacular moves teaches a pint-sized Shirley Temple to dance. Now don't you try tapdancing backwards up a staircase. You'll probably break your coccyx.
The worst thing about that clip is when Colonel Sanders comes in at the end and busts up the party.
12. Saturday Night Fever. Before the whole reverse massage scandal, ol' snake-hips Travolta was strutting his stuff to Bee Gees tunes and making the ladies hot under the collar.
13. Hairspray. I know Zac Efron is meant to be the dreamboat in this movie, but please, cast your glance sideways at James Marsden and his smooth moves.
14. Dirty Dancing. RIP, Patrick Swayze.
15. Strictly Ballroom. This is the scene that encouraged my friends and I to enter every dance floor in our teenage years by attempting to glide in on our knees, a la Paul Mercurio. It's not as easy as it looks, FYI.
16. Little Miss Sunshine. Children dance with such unbridled enthusiasm, and it makes for RIVETING viewing.
17. Pulp Fiction. Uma Thurman dances up a storm with John Travolta, before heading home to OD.
18. Flashdance. This scene is great, though it invariably makes me super dizzy.
19. Scent of a Woman. Al Pacino and Gabrielle Anwar dance a very fine tango.
20. Rocky Horror Picture Show. The dance that spawned a thousand dancefloor imitations the world over.