Tuna sashimi with puffed rice and wasabi cream
- 50g jasmine rice, well cooked and cooled
- 50g wild rice, well cooked and cooled
- Oil for deep frying
- 2 tsp prepared wasabi paste
- 1 tsp lime or lemon juice
- 2 tbsp yoghurt or cream
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 200g sashimi-grade tuna or salmon
- 8 slices sushi ginger
- 2 tbsp baby herbs or cress
To make the puffed rice, heat the oven to 80C. Scatter the cooked jasmine rice and wild rice in a single layer on a tray lined with baking paper, and bake for 1 hour or until crisp and dry.
Heat the oil in a heavy pan and fry the rice in small batches - it will puff up immediately. Drain well and store in an airtight container until needed.
Whisk the wasabi paste, lime juice, yoghurt or cream, sea salt and pepper together until smooth and adjust to your taste, thinning out with a dash of water if you like.
To serve, finely slice the fish and arrange on four chilled plates. Top with the sushi ginger, drizzle with the wasabi dressing, scatter with the mixed puffed rice and herbs or cress, and serve.
Got a favourite recipe? Share your recipe