A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and fry the onion and garlic over medium heat for 2–3 minutes, or until the onion is just tender but not soft. Add the chilli powder and cumin and stir for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken and mix well. Cook over medium heat until just heated through. Stir in the coriander and remove from the heat.
- Soften the tortillas, one at a time, by heating in a dry heavy-based frying pan over high heat for about 30 seconds each side.
- Lay a tortilla flat on a work surface and place a large spoonful of chicken mixture along the centre. Carefully roll up to form a flute.
- Pour oil in a deep frying pan to 5 cm (2 inches) deep and heat the oil to 180°C (350°F). The oil is ready when a cube of bread dropped into the oil turns golden brown in 15 seconds. Holding the flute together with tongs (or fasten with toothpicks), cook one at a time until slightly crisp. Drain on crumpled paper towels. Serve with chilli sauce and avocado slices.