Rocket, chickpea and watercress salad
Quality rocket will have a peppery taste. This dish is a great accompaniment for roast chicken.
- 1x400g can chickpeas
- 100g wild rocket
- Sprigs from 1 bunch watercress
- 1 bunch red radishes, finely sliced
- 1/2 bunch mint, leaves coarsely torn
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp aged balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pomegranate, seeds removed
Drain and rinse chickpeas under cold water then drain again and put in a large salad bowl.
Add rocket, watercress sprigs, radishes and mint.
Combine olive oil and balsamic vinegar in a small bowl with salt and pepper and whisk well. Pour dressing over salad and toss to combine.
Top with pomegranate seeds or substitute with a small handful of toasted pine nuts.
Got a favourite recipe? Share your recipe