A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 1 loaf of bread, sliced into 6 slices lengthways
- 1/2 cup (125 g) wholegrain mustard
- 100 g thinly shaved honey ham
- 100 g thinly sliced Jarlsberg cheese
- 1/3 cup (55 g) very finely chopped mustard fruits (optional)
- 40 g butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Brush each slice of bread with 1 tablespoon of mustard. Divide the ham and cheese into three portions and lay one portion of the ham, then the cheese, on three bread slices. If you are using mustard fruits, sprinkle them over the cheese. Press the other bread slices, mustard-side-down, on top so that you have three large sandwiches. Cut eight rounds from each sandwich with a 5 cm cutter. Melt half the butter and oil in a nonstick frying pan and, when the butter begins to foam, cook half the rounds until crisp and golden and the cheese is just starting to melt. Keep warm on a baking tray in a warm oven while you cook the remaining rounds. Serve warm. Makes 24.