Linguine with zucchini
Inspired by a trip to Perugia, this recipe - a stunning pasta with grated zucchini - is a twist on traditional Italian cuisine.
Linguine with zucchini and mint. Photo: Marina Oliphant
Have your say
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
half onion, sliced
300g dark-green zucchini, grated coarsely
handful torn mint leaves
3 tbsp pecorino or parmesan, grated
1 tbsp lemon-infused extra virgin olive oil
1. Bring a pasta pot of water to the boil with plenty of salt. When boiling drop in the dried linguine.
2. While the pasta is cooking, take a wide saute pan, heat the olive oil and soften the onion.
3. Add the grated zucchini and cook for one to two minutes with the mint leaves.
4. Add about half a cup of the pasta cooking water to the zucchini.
5. When the pasta is al dente, drain, give a good shake and tip into the zucchini mixture. Lift to mix using two forks. Scatter over the grated cheese, season to taste and drizzle in the lemon oil.