Leftover chicken, roast vegetable and macadamia salad
- 100g macadamia nuts, shelled
- 1-2 cups leftover roast chicken meat
- Leftover chicken skin, crisped in hot oil
- 2 cups leftover roast vegetables
- 1 bunch rocket leaves, well washed and dried
- 3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbs red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
Toast macadamia nuts in a pan on medium heat without oil. Move them around constantly until lightly coloured. Set aside to cool, then roughly chop. Shred or slice chicken meat and skin into bite-sized pieces and place in a large bowl.
Cut roast vegetables into smaller pieces if need be and add to bowl with chopped rocket and cooled nuts. Dress with oil and vinegar, season with salt, toss and arrange in serving plates. Finish with a few turns of cracked pepper.
Wine: Verdelho or Albarinho
Got a favourite recipe? Share your recipe