Korean beef tacos
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp mirin
- 750g lean beef, thinly sliced
- 1 cup drained kimchi (see recipe)
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup Japanese mayonaise
- 1 cup cheddar, grated
- 1/2 bunch coriander, including stalks, chopped
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 12 mini tortillas, heated
Whisk together soy sauce, sugar, garlic, seasme oil and mirin, add bed and mix well.
Marinate in fridge at least 2 hours, up to 24 hours.
Cook meat on high heat on barbeque or in frypan in batches for 5-8 minutes. Do not overcrowd the pan.
Place remaining ingredients on table. Assemble tacos at table, roll up and eat with hands.
Got a favourite recipe? Share your recipe