Chinese roast duck, lime, herb and noodle salad
A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 60 ml (¼ cup) fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon grated palm sugar
- 1 small red chilli, finely chopped
- 250 g (9 oz) dried flat rice stick noodles (5 mm or ¼ inch thick)
- 1 Chinese roast duck
- 1 tablespoon julienned ginger
- 90 g (3¼ oz) bean sprouts
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons coriander (cilantro) leaves
- 3 tablespoons Thai basil or basil
- 1 lime, quartered
1. To make the dressing, combine the fish sauce, lime juice, palm sugar and chilli in a small bowl.
2. Place the noodles in a large bowl, cover with warm water and soak for 15–20 minutes, or until al dente. Drain, then return to the bowl.
3. Preheat the oven to moderate 180°C (350°F/Gas 4). Remove the flesh and skin from the duck in large pieces, then cut into thin strips. Place on a baking tray and heat in the oven for 10 minutes, or until the duck is warmed through.
4. Add the ginger, bean sprouts, onion, coriander, basil and the dressing to the noodles and toss until well combined. Serve the salad on a platter, or on individual serving plates or bowls, and arrange the duck strips on top. Serve with lime wedges.