Jeremy and Jane Strode
Photo: Steven Siewert
We serve this with steak but asparagus is a great garnish for chicken, pork, fish or on its own with rice or noodles.
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large knob ginger, peeled and finely sliced or grated
- 2 long red chillies, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 medium Spanish onion, sliced
- 20 asparagus spears, stalks snapped off
- 1 tbsp kecap manis
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/3 cup chicken stock
Heat vegetable oil in a wok on high until shimmering. Add ginger, chilli, garlic and onion and toss for a minute or two.
Add asparagus, toss then add remaining ingredients. Bring to the boil and stir until asparagus is just cooked and sauce has reduced to a glaze.
Got a favourite recipe? Share your recipe