Fairfax Media Limited
Daily Life Win a $10,000 holiday to New York Competition
Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. Entry is open to all residents of Australia who are 18 years of age or over. However, employees and their immediate families of Fairfax Media Limited, Salmat Digital Pty Limited, and their associated agencies and companies are not eligible to enter.
3. The competition commences on Monday 3rd December, 2012 at 00:01 (AEDT) and concludes on Tuesday 18th December 2012 at 23:59 (AEDT).
4. The competition will be advertised on http://www.dailylife.com.au/NYC.
5. To enter, participants must be a registered Fairfax Media digital member and may register to become a member via the promotional website. It is free to become a member.
To enter, participants must:
Upon completion of entry, participants will be prompted to refer up to three friends to receive a bonus entry into the prize draw for each unique e-mail address referred. Participants must obtain prior consent before referring a friend.
6. Incomplete entries will be deemed invalid. Entrants into the competition may only enter once per unique Fairfax Media digital membership.
7. The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity (including proof of Fairfax Media digital membership) in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
8. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of the Promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions of entry or who has, in the opinion of the Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the promotion and/or the Promoter. This includes, but is not limited to, entrants using multiple email addresses to register multiple entries. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if the Promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause.
9. Entries must be received by 23:59 (AEDT) on Tuesday 18th December 2012. The time of entry will in each case be the time the online entry is received by the Salmat Digital Pty Limited database. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries not received by the Promoter or delays in the delivery due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
10. Any entry that is made on behalf of an entrant by a third party will be deemed invalid.
11. The cost of accessing the promotional website will be dependent on the entrant’s individual Internet Service Provider.
12. There will be one major winner. The winner will receive:
13. Total prize pool value is $12,000 (including GST).
14. Prizes cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash.
15. All travel is subject to availability at all times and maybe dependent on select seat class with airlines or specific room category availability with accommodation partner.
16. Travel is valid until Tuesday 10th December, 2013. Block out period includes Tuesday 10th December, 2012 until the Sunday 20th January, 2013 and from the Thursday 20th June, 2013 until Saturday 10th August, 2013. All bookings must be made at a minimum of 45 days in advance of requested departure date.
17. All travellers to the USA must obtain a US Visa Waiver at their own expense prior to travel. All bookings and documentation regarding the prize must be made via Free-2-Travel Holidays Pty Ltd or their agents. Redeeming the prize is conditional on acceptance of the terms and conditions of travel as detailed by Free-2-Travel Holidays Pty Ltd and the airline carriers in accordance with normal travel practices. No portion of the prize is redeemable for cash. The prize is no refundable or transferable.
18. Winner and companion must be in possession of a valid passport with a minimum of 6 months validity on it prior to departure. Winner is responsible for any amendments fees issued by airlines or suppliers once booking is confirmed and ticketed. Visas, valid passports, additional spending money, meals (other than those included) and any other ancillary costs, including but not limited to insurance and any applicable insurance excesses, not listed in the travel prize package descriptions above are the responsibility of the travel prize winner and his/her nominated traveling companions as incurred.
19. It is the winner's responsibility to organise transport to/from the airport departure/return point. Prize winner and travel companion must have valid travel insurance for their period of travel.
20. The winner and their companion are responsible for all other expenses including spending money, meals (unless specified), drinks, transfers (unless specified), laundry charges, activities (unless specified), incidentals, taxes (excluding departure and any other flight associated taxes included within the prize), energy surcharges, gratuities, services charges, passports, visas, travel insurance and all other ancillary costs. Travel insurance is highly recommended to protect against the additional costs incurred in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
21. The winners and their travelling companion must travel at the same time, must depart from the same capital city and are responsible for transport from their residence to their nearest capital city for flight departure (Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide or Perth).
22. The prize must be taken by Tuesday 10th December, 2013 and is subject to hotel and flight availability. The prize is not available during peak times such as public holidays and school holidays (if applicable) and cannot be changed once the booking has been made.
23. Air tickets are available on the regular scheduled services of each airline and are subject to seasonal embargos. Flight itinerary may have to be adjusted depending on the airlines departure city and their current flight schedule. Frequent Flyer points are not available from any airline.
24. A credit card imprint or cash deposit may be required from the winner at check-in to the hotel, for all incidental charges. Once accommodation vouchers are issued they are non-changeable.
25. It is the traveller’s personal responsibility to ensure that they have valid documentation, including but not limited to valid passports and visas, which meet the requirements of immigration and other government authorities at every destination. Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities will be the sole responsibility of the travellers.
26. Fairfax Media Publications Pty Limited and Salmat DIGITAL Pty Limited make no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. International travel advice can be obtained from various sources, including government, local consular offices and the web site of the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
27. By entering this competition, entrants accept and acknowledge full responsibility for their decision to participate in any element of the prize should they be chosen as winner. The winner release the Promoter and other organisers, their related bodies corporate, affiliates, officers, agents and employees, from all liabilities, loss and damage of any kind arising at any time out of or in connection with the acceptance of, and participation in, the prize. Without limiting the foregoing, the released parties not be liable for any injury, sickness or death, property loss or damage or other direct or indirect loss or damage of any kind, howsoever sustained or incurred, in connection with or arising out of the participating in any element of the prize or any other aspect of the prize. The winner acknowledges that they have been warned that there is a possibility of an accident causing injury, death or property damage in accepting the prize.
28. Unless expressly stated in these terms and conditions all other expenses become the responsibility of the winner.
29. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State Regulation.
30. Once the major prize has left the Promoter’s premises, the Promoter takes no responsibility for prizes damaged, delayed or lost in transit.
31. By accepting the prize, the winner agrees to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable media editorial requests relating to the prize, including but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed, filmed and/or chaperoned throughout the duration of the prize.
32. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to the winner, the winner hereby permits the winner’s image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the winner’s participation in the prize to appear in connection with Fairfax Media Limited or the advertising or marketing thereof, in any media whatsoever throughout the world and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
33. In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
34. Prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of printing (inclusive of GST). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate prize redemption date.
35. Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the prize.
36. Each valid entrant who has entered the competition over the duration of the promotional period will be entered into the draw. One valid entrant will be drawn at random to become the winner. The draw will take place at Salmat Digital Pty Limited, Level 2, 116 Miller Street, North Sydney NSW 2060, on Thursday 20th December, 2012 at 11:00 (AEDT).
37. If any particular draw is scheduled on a public holiday, the draw will be conducted on the following business day.
38. The winner will be notified within two days of the draw and will also be notified of their prize in writing. Winners of prizes valued over $250 will have their details published in the Public Notices section of The Australian Financial Review newspaper on Friday 28th December, 2012.
39. Prizes will be awarded to the person named in the entry, however, in a dispute, will be awarded to the account holder of the entry mechanism used to submit their entry (i.e. Fairfax Media digital membership account holder).
40. Should an entrant’s contact details change during the promotional period, it is the entrant's responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
41. Subject to any direction given under relevant State legislation, an unclaimed prize draw will take place at Salmat Digital Pty Limited, Level 2, 116 Miller Street, North Sydney NSW 2060 on Thursday 31st January, 2013 at 10:00 (AEDT). The winner will be notified within two days of the draw and will be notified of their prize in writing. Winners of prizes valued over $250 will have their details published in the Public Notices section of The Australian Financial Review newspaper on Friday 8th February, 2012.
42. The Promoter’s decision is final and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the competition result.
43. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements.
44. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
45. In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the competition on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any written directions given under State Regulation.
46. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
47. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
48. Fairfax Media Limited, Salmat Digital Pty Limited and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
49. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any direction given under State Regulation.
50.By entering the promotion, unless otherwise advised, each entrant also agrees that the Promoter may use this information, in any media for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes without any further reference, payment or other compensation to the entrant, including sending the entrant electronic messages.
51. Salmat Digital Pty Limited, on behalf of Fairfax Media Limited, is collecting the entrant's personal information for the purpose of conducting and promoting this competition (including but not limited to determining the winner). The entrant's personal information will be disclosed to Salmat Digital Pty Limited for this purpose. If you are not willing for this to occur you cannot participate in the promotion.
52. Entrants’ personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and winners’ names published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. For purposes of public statements and advertisements the Promoter will only publish the winner’s surname, initial and state. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter.
53. The Promoter is Fairfax Media Limited, (ABN: 34 087 887 456) of Level 3, 1 Darling Island Road, Pyrmont NSW 2009.
Authorised under NSW permit nor: LTPS/12/09994, ACT permit no: TP 12/04555, VIC permit no: 12/3054, SA permit no: T12/2347